Visitor Management systems for schools is much more than visitor presence
Visitor Management software is designed to manage visitors on and off your location or locations. Schools have always had a more serious need to know who is on site than most normal businesses. Many systems designed for schools simply capture an electronic sign in and sign out replacing the manual visitor book. Schools are asking for a whole lot more in their visitor management system.
Some of the more common features available today in visitor management systems for schools managing visitor presence include
- Pre registration of a visitor
- Pre registration of a group of visitors
- Create my visitor groups
- Create frequent visitors
- Sign in with kiosk including iPad
- Visitor mini induction on sign in
- Collect mobile phone number of visitor
- Issue visitor card and lanyard
- Print visitor pass
- Email notification to the host when the visitor arrives
- SMS alert notification to the host when the visitor arrives
- Admin or reception dashboard for easy management of visitors
- On site summary
- Evacuation reporting
Some features requested and required by larger schools can include
- Contractor management module
- Contractor approval process
- Contractor induction module
- Unlimited kiosks for multiple access points
Some of the unique school visitor management system features requested and being implemented in the coming weeks include
- Create your own communities (parents, casual teachers, contractors, volunteers, trainees, as many as you need for your school)
- Drivers licence sign in process for proof of identity
- Parent SMS notification when an evacuation takes place
- Duress button – hidden alert system for admin staff front facing the public
Centralisation of information for multiple schools is another reason to move towards an electronic visitor management system for schools. Last week I was speaking to the head office of a large Diocese with more than 70 schools and we discussed a recent fire and evacuation at one of the schools. Having visibility at head office when events like this occur provides more accountability of the situation at hand.
Get visibility and reporting of the presence of visitors, contractors, casual teachers, helpers, parents and more from your head office no matter how many schools you are managing directly from your PC.
Try Visitor Management for your school for free for 30 days, during this trial we will book in a training session and help you get started.
call 1300 800 077 to discuss your needs.
Recent schools include
Sorrento St Marks Catholic College Medindie
WA NSW SA