Every month that went past last year we got asked more and more for Contractor Compliance. I heard many stories through the year and will relay a couple of them here, let me know if this sounds like your current situation.
I was chatting with a company who had in excess of 4000 contractors across hundreds of locations, the reality was the current paper based system was not coping with the needs of today, the paper based system had been in place for more than 15 years and the company had grown significantly in this time.
We established 3 major problems with a paper based compliance system.
- It took hours to clarify any simple piece of information, days to confirm actual compliance of a contractor and weeks when more detailed information was required.
- Major portions of the contractors had compliance that expired including inductions, licensing, public liability
- Large amounts of information was missing when records were finally checked in detail chewing up hundreds of hours.
From this information we confirmed 3 huge advantages for electronic compliance
- You can have anything you want confirmed within minutes using an electronic compliance system.
- Automatic date driven alerts give warnings prior to and at the expiration of inductions, licensing, public liability and more.
- You can give permission to contractors to upload all relevant data including certificates, PDF’s etc to be approved.
We became acutely aware after talking to hundreds of companies of the thousands and millions of hours lost each year to paper based compliance solutions and recognised that an electronic compliance solution was required for your data no matter how many locations or contractors you have.
Another company with Contractors being sent out to customer locations had to ensure public liability, workers compensation requirements were being met. More than this the company also wanted to give the ability for each contractor to check in and check out electronically while on site giving live data back to head office of the time the contractor arrived and left location.
As the contractors were turning up to locations they had never been before the company also wanted to give the ability for the company hosting the contractor to visualise through the contractor management system photo identification of the contractor who turned up on site with the host.
The ability to improve your manual compliance system is here today, give me a call and tell me about your challenges this year!